Oct 17, 2014

Posted by Jo W. 10/17/2014
So I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, and I do realize that I haven't posted anything on my blog since July. This past summer, from June 1 to August 9, I was on a cross-country bike trip with 4K for Cancer to raise awareness for young adults with cancer. I tried to post updates of my trip as frequently as I could, given my access to wifi, cell phone service, and whether I wanted to sacrifice sleep to blogging. In mid-July, I abruptly stopped blogging, with my last post from Yellowstone National Park.



Since then, I had finished the trip in Portland, OR, flown home to Maryland, packed up within a few days, and moved to Boston to start dental school. It's been a busy time becoming acclimated to a new city and a new school. Before I left for my little jaunt across the country on my bike, I wasn't sure whether I would be able to continue blogging regularly. I knew that it would be difficult blogging from the road (it was) and that dental school would consume my life (it has), but I really enjoy writing my little blog. And I miss it.

For some reason, I had an all or nothing approach to blogging (as with other things in my life). I would either be consistent and blog every day, or if I couldn't do that, I would just throw in the towel and not touch my blog at all. I figured I could make a compromise, and stop making the excuse that I am "too busy" to sit down and write a blog post. So I will try to catch up on all the things that I missed, both during the trip and after. There are so many stories that I want to share from the road! In the next few weeks, you can look forward to posts about:

1. The story of the end of my trip, and why I stopped blogging
2. Portland, OR
3. Recent bike rides
4. Visit to NJ and MD
5. My running life
6. Dental school



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter