Sep 30, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 9/30/2013
I had a pretty busy weekend and had to work both Saturday and Sunday. Since I moved my long run to Friday, I took a rest day on Saturday and was able to squeeze in a 1 hour bike ride (18.5 miles) Sunday afternoon. After work on Sunday, I had a girl's night out at California Pizza Kitchen. It's kind of sad, but I haven't had the time to socialize lately, so last night was really fun with good company and good food :) I got the California Club pizza, and we split the red velvet cake for dessert. OMG that red velvet cake... It had cream cheese frosting, white chocolate shavings, vanilla sauce, AND vanilla ice cream. Amazing.



I didn't take this pic, but see that drizzle of sauce? Ours was swimming in the sauce, which covered most of the plate!

Okay, enough about food (though I think about it at least 50% of the time).

Mini Goals for this week:

1) Run fewer but faster miles (aka do more speed work)

2) Kill my dental school interview on Tuesday (just need the confidence!)

3) Figure out travel plans for October (buy plane tickets and book hotels)

4) Take the time to stretch/do yoga

This morning, I ran a 5 mile tempo. I maintained a 7:25 pace for the first 3.5 miles, and then slowed down for the remaining miles for an average of 7:40. It was tough, but pushing myself harder is definitely showing results :)

What are your goals for this week?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter