Jul 5, 2012

Posted by Jo W. 7/05/2012
Contrary to the name of my blog, I have not been running much, though I have been eating quite a bit this week. Yesterday was a chill day. I went downtown with the BF to see an air show. It was the afternoon and the hottest part of the day. For some reason, we were sitting on concrete steps, watching the show, and it was almost unbearably hot with sun above us and the concrete radiating heat from below. We decided to move onto the grass, under some trees, and it was so much cooler. By then, I was already drenched in sweat and finished drinking my liter of water, and we weren't even there for an hour. We gave into the heat after about 2 hours and decided to go home. There was a concert at 6 and fireworks at 9:20, but I absolutely did not want to stay in that ridiculous heat. The airshow was meh. There were some cool planes with cool acrobatics, but it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. The acts were spaced far apart, so there wasn't much to see. 

We took the metro back and decided to get Indian food. We ordered potato stuffed paratha, chana masala, and chicken karahi with rice. It was so yummy and I was stuffed. I love Indian food; it's probably among my favorite ethnic cuisines. After dinner, we just went home and watched Men in Black II. I missed the fireworks since I was pretty tired and had to get up early for work the next day. This is the second year in a row that I've missed fireworks on Independence day since I was abroad last year. Oh well.

Today was a pretty chill day at work. I was out in the field for only an hour but it was so hot I was drenched in sweat. I was indoors, in the A/C for the rest of the day, and we had our weekly BBQ. I always eat so much cause there's bison burgers, delicious homemade salads, baked goods, and homemade ice cream. This week's ice cream flavor was mint chocolate chip. Wasn't a huge fan of it; it could have used more mint flavor and I don't like frozen chocolate chips, but nevertheless, I had quite a large bowl of it.

So yea, I've been pigging out a lot this week. So much yummy food :) I'll get back into my training schedule starting this weekend. 



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter