May 1, 2014

Posted by Jo W. 5/01/2014
I got nominated for the Liebster Award by both Karla from Run Karla Run and Mindy from Road Runner Girl. Thank you for including me in this fun blogger Q&A!




If you aren't familiar with the Liebster award, it's a fun way for bloggers and readers to get to know each other. Once you've been nominated, you answer 10 questions and then pass the nomination to 10 other bloggers, who then answer your 10 questions. 

Here are the guidelines:

  • You must link back to the person who nominated you
  • You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
  • You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
  • You must create 10 questions for your nominees
  • You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees

I picked a few questions from Mindy and Karla to answer:

1. Why did you start running?

I started running in college to get back in shape and stay active. I did not have the healthiest habits and I definitely wasn't active enough!

2. What’s your favorite distance to race or to run in workouts?

For training runs, 6-7 miles is my favorite distance because I can relax into a comfortable pace. My favorite distance to race is the full marathon, because I want to get better racing that distance.

3. What do you do when stressed?

In college, I dealt with stress by going out for a run. It really helped me to take a break from everything, be in my own head, and focus on myself. I sometimes take a napped when I'm stressed. It helps to recharge and I usually feel a lot calmer when I wake up.

4. Do you prefer warm or cold weather when running?

I have a wider comfort range in colder weather (25 degrees is about my limit), so I prefer cold. 

5. What's your favorite time of the year and why?

I love the fall because the weather is cooler, the red and yellow foliage is beautiful, and I can go apple and pumpkin picking!

6. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because all the cool kids were doing it ;) And to keep a training log as I first started out running and training for my first half marathon.

7. What achievement are you most proud of?

I am most proud of my how quickly my running has progressed! I started running in May 2012 and I finished my first race (half marathon) in October of that year. About a year later, I finished my first full marathon. And I've been getting faster and faster since!

8. What’s your favorite vacation spot?

My ideal vacation would be a spend a week or more snowboarding in Colorado! Or a cycling trip in Europe with good food and wine.

9. What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not running?

Um, do you see my blog name? Eating of course! And cooking or baking, trying out new recipes, or exploring a new restaurant.

10. Dogs or Cats?

Dogs rule.

My Nominees:

1. Michele from Paleo Running Momma
2. Georgie from In it 4 the Long Run
3. Taylor from Lifting Revolution
4. Rachel from Running in Real Life
5. Emily from Sweat Once a Day
6. Michele from NYC Running Mama
7. Ashley from Snow Cream and Syrup
8. Leslie from Triathlon Mom

My Questions:

1. What would be your superhero name?
2. Do you ever dream about running? In a good way or bad?
3. If you could be an elite, what distance/sport do you want to dominate in?
4. Are you a morning or evening person?
5. What are you wearing on your feet this very moment?
6. What is your favorite brand of running gear?
7. Compression socks, yay or nay?
8. What is one thing you can't live without?
9. What's your favorite thing about your body?
10. Favorite Disney movie?

Answer one (or more!) of the questions above



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter