Apr 26, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 4/26/2013

Last night my friends and I went to Crown Candy Kitchen in Old North St. Louis. Crown Candy Kitchen is St. Louis establishment since 1913. It's a charming, old-fashioned soda fountain that's famous for their sundaes and malts. They also have homemade candy and diner food.


Decisions, decisions... Do I want a malt? or a sundae? Make that a deluxe sundae!


This corner is where the candy's at. There were chocolates, jaw breakers, licorice, chocolate covered-goodies, etc.


Going to Crown Candy Kitchen was on my "Senior year bucket list". My friends and I went just for the ice cream. I don't think I could have handled diner food + ice cream for dessert. I almost never get dessert at a restaurant, since I'm usually too full. Sad face :(


I decided on splitting a sundae with a friend, and got the Crown Sundae: Vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and caramel sauce topped with lots of buttered roasted pecans.

This was a very good decision.


Under that cloud of whipped cream was sweet, thick fudge and caramel sauce. I'm a huge fan of pecans in my ice cream. Butter roasted pecans. omg.


Two of my other friends both got chocolate malts. I might have stolen a few bites... They were huge! I don't think I've ever had a malt, before. I personally prefer eating solid ice cream with a spoon versus drinking it through a straw, so if there's ice cream on the menu, I always choose that over a milk shake.


They have this ridiculous challenge of drinking five of these malts in 30 minutes, and you get them for free. FIVE. That's 120 ounces of rich, creamy milk shake. Adam Richman from Man v Food attempted this challenge and lost. My friends couldn't even finish one. I think my belly would freeze if I drank five. Or explode. That's more likely to happen. 




Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter