Jul 15, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in | 7/15/2014
Mileage: 61.75 miles

We are in another state: Wyoming! 

On Day 42, my ride group was with Max, Chris, and Helen. We also have a few 4K alum with us for a couple of days, so V joined our ride group. After the next water stop, we traded him for Bradley, another alum. 

Today, we went across the Great Plains of Colorado, and then crossed the border into Wyoming. Without trees, the wind really picks up across the plains. The headwind was pretty brutal and I felt that I was exerting a lot of energy to bike not so fast. The route was also a steady climb up to Cheyenne, so with the wind and hills, I felt like I was crawling.



Although the winds were sucky, the views were gorgeous. The sky was so blue and the prairie grasses were dotted with yellow flowers. There were also rolling hills and rock formations in the distance. Sometimes I forget to look up when I am focused on the wheel in front of me in a paceline, but I soaked in the scenery and enjoyed the moment, trying to forget about the wind and my fatigue.


Getting to the state line was up a hill, but when I saw it, I got a burst of energy and charged up. We took the usual bike photo, and of course I had to climb it. 

Yay Wyoming! I am so excited to be here and I am looking forward to even more beautiful landscapes as I cycle across this wild and wondrous state.




Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter