Mar 20, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in | 3/20/2014
Happy spring equinox! I woke up to a foggy morning, but then as the sun rose higher, the mist burned away and revealed a bright sunny day. The sky is a brilliant blue, dotted with fluffy white clouds.


It is windy today, though a lot warmer than it was at the start of this week. My backyard was covered in snow on Monday, but now it's all melted.

Today, I wanted to try something new. I've been wanting to start practicing yoga for a long time, but I kept putting off finding a yoga studio. I was recommended to Yoga Bliss Studio by a friend, and I finally signed up for a class. They have a introductory week deal for $20, so I am going to try as many classes as I can. The studio offers a variety of yoga classes, including hot yoga, vinyasa, and hatha yoga.


This morning, I took a hatha yoga class. The studio was an open, brightly lit room, which comfortably accommodated the 7 people in my class. This was my first real yoga class since high school, and I really enjoyed the deep stretches and relaxation. 
Source
We ended the class in savasana, eyes closed,  and listened to the instructor reading us a poem about spring. I forgot who it was by, but the poem was about how spring symbolizes new beginnings and fresh starts, letting go of fears, coming out of your comfort zone, and doing something new and different. I thought it was a perfect coincidence that she read that poem on my first day of class, it almost felt that she was reading it directly to me. 

I am probably going to a vinyasa flow class tomorrow, and try to go at least twice a week for the next two months before I leave for the summer. I'm really glad that I finally tried out a yoga class. Sometimes, I get lazy, or feel uncomfortable trying something new. Today was a good reminder to overcome that initial anxiety and just go do it! 

Have you tried anything new, recently? 

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter