Apr 28, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , | 4/28/2014
This Weekend Eats doesn't sound so healthy, does it? Let's start with this huge batch of cookies I made on Friday to sell at my charity yard sale. I made about 7 dozen sugar and chocolate chip cookies. I still have some left over, since they didn't sell very well.


After baking cookies in the morning, I went to yoga and was running errands, so I didn't get to eat lunch until 2pm. A great way to spend over $10 on salad is to hit up the Whole Foods salad bar when you're really hungry.


Since I had my Pikes Peek 10K race on Sunday, I ate my traditional pre-race pasta dinner on Saturday. I always eat pasta before a race, regardless of whether I need it because it's tradition. My brother, cousin, and I went to Buca di Beppo. We made the mistake of ordering only a small seafood pasta and small eggplant parmesan. All three of us can put away a ton of food, and we demolished ALL of it. Plus two bread baskets. And only one of us was racing the next day!


Monday was my brother's birthday, so I spent the day making him a carrot cake that he requested. I frosted it with cream cheese frosting and decorated with buttercream frosting.


For his birthday dinner, the family went out to celebrate at a steakhouse. We started with a basket of freshly baked bread, fried shrimp, and parmesan asparagus for appetizers.

                                             
                                  

I got a 16 oz T-bone steak, medium rare. Only ate about half it and most of the baked potato. I like steak on occasion, but I'm not a huge fan of eating huge slabs of meat. This will go on top of a salad for lunch tomorrow :)


Dessert was the birthday cake, even though we got free dessert at the restaurant. There's also about 3/4 of the cake left, as well as leftover cookies from the yard sale. So many sweets! Send help.

What was the best thing you ate this weekend?

Do you usually go out to eat for birthdays? What is your favorite birthday meal?


Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter