Jun 27, 2012

Posted by Jo W. 6/27/2012
Can you believe it, I woke up at 5:30 this morning and didn't feel like going back to sleep. I also felt really hungry, so I got up and made French toast. Haha, sometimes I wake up feeling ravenous. That was always the case when I was younger and had a super fast metabolism. The first thing I always did when I woke up was go downstairs to fix myself some breakfast. Otherwise, I would get really dizzy. Last night, I went to bed early at 11pm, but still, that's only 6.5 hours of sleep. Hmmm I'll probably get tired during the day, but I usually don't get more than 7 hours anyways.

I am so not looking forward to the 106 degree high temperatures tomorrow. It's going to be over 100 degrees for the next three days, but at least the low's are in the 70's. That means I'll have to wake up super early to run, or later at night. I will probably take advantage of the cooler weather today and run tonight. I went out yesterday and ran 6.3 miles at about a 9 min/mile pace. My legs felt great and there was minimal knee pain! Yay :) However, I still felt pretty thirsty at the start of my run, so at one point, I chugged too much water too quickly, and started running too soon and it was bad times. Stupid me, I got cramps almost immediately as my body was telling me that I had to wait for the water to settle. I feel like I always have some kind of bodily discomfort when I run, be it my knees, cramps, muscle tightness, or thirst.

This thirst thing is really getting to me. It seems like no matter how much I drink, I still feel thirsty almost all the time. The only time I don't feel thirsty is when I run really early in the morning after I've had my coffee and protein shake. Also, I have to drink a lot of water the previous night, but then I am going to the bathroom a few times during the night. I think I just have problems retaining water, because if I drink something, I'll have to pee pretty soon. Then I get thirsty again and drink more. I think I need to up my sodium intake in order to retain more water. Come to think of it, I don't eat that much sodium. Also, when I get drenched in sweat, I can see salt crystals forming on my skin as it dries. Gross, I know, but kind of cool (I'm making salt! lol...) I should keep track of my sodium intake for a week to see my average, but I'll have to guestimate since a lot of my food is home-cooked.

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter