Jun 25, 2012

Posted by Jo W. 6/25/2012
Today was such a lazy day. I "slept in" and got out of bed at 8:30.


Made myself some french toast with a banana and coffee.


The bread I used was from a loaf of bread I made yesterday. It's made out of white whole wheat flour. I'm not that satisfied with the crumb; it's a bit dense. But the crust came out really well! The secret to a good crust is high temperatures and a lot of steam when the loaf first goes into the oven.



Haha I already cut into the loaf, but from this angle you can't really tell.


I basically spent all day bumming and wasting time on the internets. Made lunch around noon and had tuna salad and half a red bell pepper. Ate that with two slices of toasted bread.

After lunch, I took a nap and then watched Captain America. I can't believe I haven't seen it until now, about a year after it came out! I was abroad when it first came out, so I was kind of out of the Avengers loop. I didn't see Captain America and the Hulk before watching the Avengers, and if I didn't see Thor, I would have been even more confused than I was. I guess I'm just not that into the Avengers craze.

For dinner, I made sweet potato boats stuffed with mushrooms, scallions, an egg, and topped with brie. I had some garlicky broccoli on the side.


Oh yea, and some Sekt that I picked up from Trader Joe's yesterday. (Schloss Biebrich, I believe). Mmm I love Sekt. I may or may not have had most of the bottle with my dinner and dessert...




Not the most attractive pictures, but it sure was delicious.


While I was eating dinner, I watched another movie. The Best Exotic Marigold hotel. It was really good and I highly recommend it!

So that was my lazy Sunday. I ate, slept, watched movies, and bummed in bed. Sometimes it's really nice to not do anything :) I will continue with my bumming, even though I should sleep soon. Got to get up at 6:30 for work tomorrow.

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter