Jun 17, 2012

Posted by Jo W. 6/17/2012
Last week, I ran every other day for about an hour and did my long run on Saturday.

Mon- 5.11 mi
Tues- rest
Wed- 7.0 mi
Thurs- rest
Fri- 6.53
Sat- 8.7 mi
Sun- rest

I use mapmyrun.com and the iPhone app to keep track of my course and pace. It's probably not as accurate as those fancy Garmin GPS watches, but I don't need to know my pace down to a T.

A map of yesterday's long run


I am averaging a little under 10min/mile pace. Right now I am just focusing on building up endurance. Since this is my first half marathon, my main goal is to just finish. When I signed up, I put my estimated time as 2:30. We'll see how my training goes...

I am going to try to run at least three times a week, one of them being a long run. I can't run in the morning during the week since I have to get to work pretty early and I can't get my ass out of bed earlier. I usually go out around 5pm when I get home, but it's going to be HOT this week. I'm probably going to get heat stroke and die, so if you don't hear back from me, that's probably why.



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter