Aug 2, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/02/2013
Happy Friday! Who's excited for the weekend? This girl!

Tomorrow, I am going on a bike ride in DC, touring the National Arboretum and the Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens. I joined a cycling Meetup group, and am finally going to a Meetup! I've been browsing meetup.com for years, but never went to any events. I dunno, I guess meeting strangers isn't my thing. I really want to meet some cycling and running people, though, so I'm trying to find local people online. 

On Sunday, I'm running a local half marathon, Riley's Rumble. The race starts right in my neighborhood, so it'll be easy to get there. The start is at 7am, so I won't have a ridiculously early wake up call. The cool thing about the course is that I ride on it all the time. I basically know every turn, hill, and crack in the road. I didn't decide on running this race until recently, so I'm not mentally prepared to race. I'm running it as a training run, in preparation for my (hopefully PR) half marathon in Philly on Sept. 15th. So, no pressure for this race. I'm just going to go with it, depending on how I'm feeling. 

Other than that, I'm going to this hole-in-the-wall taco joint I discovered last Tuesday. I'm going with my brother after the 13.1 and feasting on cheap tacos ;)

So a lot of riding, running, and eating this weekend. It's what makes me happy!



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter