Aug 26, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/26/2013
This past weekend, I checked out a small Lebanese restaurant in a shopping and dining center that I frequent. The area has many small restaurants, boutiques, yoga studios, Fleet Feet, 16 Handles, and most importantly, Whole Foods. As you can probably guess, I go there quite frequently.

On Saturdays, I like to go out for lunch with my brother and explore new restaurants. We decided on trying Kentlands Lebanese Bitro this week. The restaurant is small and has great outdoor seating overlooking a plaza where the Saturday farmer's market is held. There was also live music when we went. 


The interior was decorated with a lot of artwork by the owner of the restaurant, as well as other local artists. It was pretty cute.



Fez hats decorated the walls, as well!

 I though this was neat. There were little jars of herbs hanging on the wall. I'm not sure what this herb was, but a leaf of it garnished the baklava we had for dessert and it tasted like a type of mint.
The menu had a variety of mezza (appetizers/small plates), soups, salads, kebabs, and pita sandwiches. I opted for a falafel sandwich with a house salad on the side.


Hummus and pita bread for the appetizer. I like the thin type of pita bread, though it would have been better if it were warmed. 


Mmm falafel! This was really good and I also liked the dressing on the house salad. Not entirely sure what it was, though.
I also got baklava for dessert that we devoured before I got a chance to take a picture of. It came free with lunch since we had a coupon.



Our check came in a tiny fez hat! What an adorable idea :D
 I thought the restaurant was pretty good, and I would come back again when I'm craving lamb kebab or falafel! I was pretty full after all that food, but I went to Whole Foods to get some groceries and of course I had to eat the samples. There had quite a lot of samples on Saturday because they were doing a back to school event, so I ate bites of fruit, cheese, chicken nuggets, PB&J, and turkey wraps. I was so full, I food coma'd for the afternoon...

On Sunday, after my long run, I came home to make my weekly loaf of sourdough bread, as well as some hazelnut granola (recipe coming soon). Then I made an open face sandwich with cheddar, chicken sausage, and peppers and a tomato, avocado, and arugula salad for lunch.


Stay tuned for the recipe for this ==>

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter