May 27, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 5/27/2013
I went for a 10 mile long run this morning. I planned on going at an easy pace, and finished in 1:27, averaging about 8:45 min/mile pace. My run felt really great, even though my legs are a bit sore from my workouts this past week.

I'm pretty excited that I was able to maintain a below-9 min/mile pace at such an easy effort. When I finished my run this morning, I wasn't fatigued at all, and felt like I could keep going (except for the fact that my fuel tank was getting low!). My goal for my training is to first lengthen the time that I can keep an easy pace, and then work on increasing speed. I'm probably going to run progressively longer long runs at least once every two weeks.

I also have some exciting news to share! Stay tuned...

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter