May 10, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 5/10/2013
On Wednesday, my friends and I went downtown to go to The London Tea Room for afternoon tea. The London Tea Room is a cute tea shop with a huge variety of teas, pastries, and bites for lunch, such as sandwiches, salads, and soups. Take a look at their menu online. It's really funny! They offer a full afternoon tea, complete with finger sandwiches, scones with jam and Devonshire cream, and an assortment of pastries for dessert. Since going to the tea room was on my bucket list, my friends and I decided to go all out and spring for the full tea. It's a bit pricey, but oh so worth it!


For the full tea, we had to call a day ahead to make reservations. When we got there, the table was already set and waiting for us. We were handed a menu listing all their teas. It was so hard to choose, all of them looked so good! I finally decided on Vanilla Mint Pu-ehr.


The teacups were really cute :) The pu-ehr was a good choice. Slightly minty, smooth and sweet. It was perfect with a touch of cream and sprinkling of sugar. Each of us got a whole pot of tea! That was about 3-4 teacups. I finished my pot by the end, taking a sip or two in between bites, and it was the perfect amount.


After the tea was served, the food was brought out on a three tiered tower of delicious-ness. I want all my food served this way. From the bottom up: cucumber and cream cheese sandwich, ham and cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese, current scones, lemon tarts, macarons, and chocolate pudding cups.



Let's take a closer look at those pastries...


So fancy! We started from the bottom, and savored the food slowly, sipping on our teas. This was definitely one of the best meals I've ever had.


We each got out own little jar of jam. So cute! I've always wanted to try Devonshire cream. It's like delicious, super soft and spreadable butter. I slathered my scone with a lot of it.


That scone. It was delicious and huge! The tea doesn't seem like a lot of food, since it's composed of small finger foods, but after that scone, I was getting pretty full. Everyone was excited to finally get to the desserts, and they did not disappoint. I got a pistachio macaron (the green one). The lemon tart was my favorite, though. The lemon curd was tart and sweet, and the crust was crumbly and buttery. So much yums.

If you are ever in St. Louis, I would definitely recommend visiting the London Tea Room. The other food on their menu looks really good, and it's a really nice place to have a cup of tea.

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter