Nov 15, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 11/15/2013
I had a great run this morning in my new shoes, the Mizuno Wave Sayonara. So far, I've run 10.2 miles in them today and yesterday and I am really liking them! They are stiffer than my old shoes (Mizuno Evo Cursoris) and not zero drop. I feel like they provide me more support, combined with my SuperFeet orthotics, and I haven't had any tendinitis pain in my ankles so far. I am hoping that getting the proper support for my feet is all it takes to cure me of my ankle issues. We'll see after I put more miles on these.


Lately, I've been doing relatively shorter runs compared to during my marathon training. Today, I ran 10K pretty hard, and pushed myself to run sub-8 mile splits. Success :) I averaged a 7:47 pace.

Mile 1- 7:32
Mile 2- 7:49
Mile 3- 7:58
Mile 4- 7:54
Mile 5- 7:50
Mile 6- 7:44
0.2 mile nubbin'- 7:35

Not gonna lie, this was tough for me. The route I ran had rolling hills, and I was struggling. The last 0.2 miles was all uphill, and I ran as hard as I could. Like wheezing at the top hard. It felt great to pick it up at the end, though!

I am still deciding whether or not to run the Turkey Chase 10K on Thanksgiving. Although I will most probably PR from last year's 52:10 time, I don't know if I will be mentally prepared to race it. I want to have more time to train specifically for the distance. I am targeting a 10K in April, Pike's Peak, so I want to work towards building speed for that.

Still, I might run it just for fun. I'll probably decide last minute.

And now, the winner of the Beats by Dr. Dre Giveaway! 

Click HERE to see if you've won!




Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter