Nov 21, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 11/21/2013
I made a batch of Nutella granola for my foodie pen pal, and was waiting until she received my package before sharing this recipe. Is there anything more delicious than Nutella? Seriously, I can eat the stuff by the spoonful, straight out of the jar. Adding it to granola makes it practically health food, right? Yes. I am a genius. You're welcome :)

Full disclosure: this is a recycled pic of my Cinnamon Hazelnut Granola. I finished the Nutella granola before I had a chance to take a photo. I am lazy. Just imagine this in a more chocolate-y shade ;)




Nutella Granola

1/2 cup Nutella (I used homemade)
1/4 cup agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (or vegetable oil)
3 cups oats
1/2 cup hazelnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 300F

Mix together the Nutella, agave nectar, salt, water, and oil in a mixing bowl. Add the oats and stir to thoroughly coat the oats. If using, add in chopped hazelnuts. Spread evenly in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 15 mins.
Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. 


Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter