Nov 5, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 11/05/2013
It's time to go shopping! Running shoe shopping, that is. I bought my last pair of running shoes in June, and have been training in them all summer and fall. Running shoes should be replaced every 300-500 miles, and I've definitely logged at least that many miles in this pair.

I currently run in Mizuno Evo Cursoris's, and I really love this shoe! It's really light weight, zero-drop, and minimalist. The toe-box is also very roomy and breathable. Unfortunately, I feel that the foam isn't very durable. On the soles, there are spots in the forefoot area that aren't rubber, and they look pretty chewed up, now. 

I am considering buying another pair of the Evo Cursoris, but I am looking into other shoes, as well. Maybe something a bit different. I am considering Saucony Kinvara 4, Saucony Virrata, and Mizuno Wave Sayonara. 

RunBlogger.com is a great resource for shoe reviews. However, I am terrible at making decisions, and the more I read about different kinds of shoe, the more indecisive I am! For my next shoe, I am looking for a shoe with slightly more cushioning than my current shoes, but still lightweight. I do like "less shoe" on my feet, but I probably need a bit more cushioning and support.

I have a small confession. During marathon training, I've been dealing with some nagging pains that I should have addressed, but didn't. I didn't want to ease off on the training, so I just tried to manage the pain. Stupid of me, I know.

My posterior tibial tendon gets inflamed on longer runs, especially my left foot. After the marathon, my inner ankles were really tight for a couple of days, and pretty painful. The pain is caused by my arch collapsing as I overpronate. 

To fix the problem, I am easing off on the running for the time being. I am also going to try orthotics that give me arch support. I went into my local running store today and got a pair of Superfeet Carbon insoles. They were a bit pricey, but if they help with the tendonitis, then it's definitely worth it. 

For the next few days, I'm going to break these in. I'll report back on how they are working for me!

What is your favorite running shoe? Any suggestions for a new pair of shoes?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter