Jun 17, 2012

Posted by Jo W. 6/17/2012
Hi and welcome to my blog!

I am Joanna, and I just registered for my first half marathon in October. I am starting this blog to record my training and progress. I've never been a consistent runner, and this race will be my first, ever! Hopefully blogging my progress will help keep me motivated throughout the summer and fall. I have four months to train, which is quite some time.

The great thing about running is that it works up a huge appetite. Thank goodness, because I love to eat. It's probably my favorite activity of all time ;) I also love to cook as much as I love to eat. This blog will be as much of a running blog as a food blog. I will share my random meals recipes and such.

So I am doing the St. Louis Rock n' Roll Half Marathon on October 21. Last spring when my brother came to visit me and run the St. Louis Go! Marathon, I kind of wanted to register for it, but it wasn't until I talked to my friend about it that we decided to run it together.

Goal 1: make it across the finish line on my own power
Goal 2: make it across the finish without

  1. puking
  2. passing out
  3. making a fool of myself
wait, scratch that last one, I'll probably make a fool of myself, anyways. I plan on wearing a neon green tutu.
LIKE THIS ONE







Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter