Jun 27, 2012

Posted by Jo W. 6/27/2012
Some days, you just eat like crap and feel terrible, even though it was so worth it. I ate soooo many sweets today, it's quite ridiculous. Life is all about moderation, even moderation, right? ;)

This morning at work, my co-worker and I baked a cookie cake for our mentor's belated birthday (it was on Monday, but we found out too late). She brought in a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough, which we spread out in a pan. We decided that it was a sad amount of cookie dough, so I whipped up a batch of sugar cookie dough with a ton of sprinkles mixed in. We then proceeded to do this:


Crazy, right? The S-shape was dug into the chocolate chip cookie dough, and it was filled in with the sugar cookie dough. GENIUS.

Today was also another person's birthday at work, so her friend brought in cappuccino-chocolate-whatever cupcakes. I had one before lunch. Before that, I had a Nature Valley granola bar and a banana for a snack. Then I had lunch, which was braised tempeh over pasta.

In the afternoon, my mentor showed up to work and we had coffee and the cookie cake. I had about 4 square inches worth of cookie cake. That's quite a bit, considering how sweet it was. It was SO GOOD though. I especially like the sugar cookie part, and the middle was slightly under-baked, which is how I like my cookies. Take note that my afternoon cup of coffee was already my third cup for the day.... I usually only drink a cup in the morning.

After we noshed on the cookie cake, the other birthday girl started sharing her baked goods, which included chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and those mocha-thingy cupcakes. I only nibbled a bit of cookie, but someone brought in a pint of caramel Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and had about 1/4 of it left. He couldn't finish it, and nobody else wanted it, so I ate the rest.

By this time, I was regretting all the cookie cake and ice cream, and I was on a sugar/caffeine high. Ugh I felt so gross. All I wanted to eat for the rest of the day was salad/raw veggies/something super healthy. By the time I got home from work around 6:30, I took a shower and collapsed on my bed. I bummed on my bed until 8, and started to get hungry, so I decided to make dinner. I wasn't feeling salad anymore, and I wanted to make a tofu stir fry with spicy peanut sauce since this morning, so I decided to make that. I ended up making a huge batch of food, yet I managed to eat more than half of it.


I ate this plate of food, and then some leftover tofu in the pan. Now, I am super stuffed. Nyerrrgghhhh why do I do this to myself. I always eat until there is pain :(

To sum it all up, my sweets tally for today:
- French toast (breakfast)
- granola bar (it's "healthy", but we all know it's full of sugar)
- cupcake
- cookie cake
- ice cream

Yikes I am going to hell for my gluttony.



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter