Feb 27, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , , , | 2/27/2014
I've been making a lot of quick breads, lately. They keep disappearing really fast and a loaf hasn't lasted over 24 hours without being completely devoured. My family eats a lot. It's in our genes :P

I know I said that I would share my Lemon Cranberry bread that I made for brunch on Saturday, but I want to share this recipe first. This loaf is filled with coconut, cranberries, and sunflower seeds. The bread itself is lightly sweetened and has a coconut-y, buttery flavor that is so addicting. Each bite has the sweet-tart bits of cranberries and crunch of sunflower seeds. 


Coconut Cranberry Oatmeal Bread

1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup + 1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cranberries
1/3 cup coconut flakes
2/3 cup milk
3/4 cup turbinado sugar (or white sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (or oil or melted butter)

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a blender, blend 1 cup oats until it becomes a fine flour. Add to a large mixing bowl and add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cranberries, and coconut flakes.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the melted coconut oil to the flour mixture, followed by the milk mixture. Stir until just combined and avoid over mixing.

Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleanly.

Enjoy!




Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter