Feb 16, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , | 2/16/2014
This weekend was a four day weekend because of the snow! The snowstorm on Wednesday night closed school and my workplace, so everyone stayed home. I took advantage of the snow and shoveled my neighbor's driveways to fundraise for my 4K for Cancer bike ride. My arms and back were tremendously sore afterwards, but it felt good to work towards my cause!

The snow days were perfect for feasting on Chinese hot pot. You cook everything in the middle of the table and it warms you up. It's also fun to cook and eat at the same time! Hot pot always reminds me of a festive occasion :)

I also made heart-shaped funfetti sugar cookies for Valentines day. They were delicious and disappeared in less than a day. Seriously.


For lunch today, I wanted to try out a buffet at a sushi place. It was pretty small, but pretty decent sushi. They had about six different types of rolls, nigiri, and sashimi. It's rare to find sashimi at a sushi buffet. It wasn't the best quality, but still, it's sashimi!




I ate three plates. And a salad. And miso soup. Yum.



What was the best thing you ate this weekend?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter