May 18, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , , | 5/18/2014
This past week, I was preparing for my first road race on Sunday. I was originally planning to do two training rides with the cycling club, but we had some sketchy weather this week. I didn't want to get caught in the afternoon thunderstorms, so I rode on my own earlier in the day. On Thursday, I cut my ride short, which was luckily a smart decision because it started raining right when I got back home!

My road race on Sunday was in Richmond, Virginia, which is about 2 hours away from where I live. Thankfully, the women's race didn't start until 12:20, so I didn't have to get up at a ridiculously early hour. It was 44 miles (actually a bit shorter) through the Virginia countryside. We had perfect race conditions, and the course was beautiful. I had a great time, and I'll post a more detailed race recap in a bit.

Other adventures I had this week was going mountain biking with a friend on Wednesday. I used to MTB, but haven't been in more than 4 years. I love it, but I only have an old, not so great MTB. Both me and my bike survived the trails, and I had a blast! On Saturday, I also went stand up paddleboarding for the first time. I bought a Livingsocial coupon for a three-hour lesson. Check out the GoPro video that I made!



Monday- 75 mins vinyasa yoga

Tuesday- cycling 21 mi, avg 18.1 mph

Wednesday- cycling 25 mi, avg 17.9 mph
                      MTB 6ish miles on singletrack

Thursday- cycling 12 mi, avg 18.3 mph

Friday- 75 mins vinyasa yoga

Saturday- stand up paddleboarding, 3-hr lesson
                 7.3 mi shakeout ride, avg 18.2 mph

Sunday- 43.5 mi road race, avg 20.8 mph

Totals

Cycling- 108.2 mi + 6 mi MTB
Running- 0

What a week! And now I am exhausted and ready to pass out. Got to get to yoga this week to stretch out those tight muscles.

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter