May 26, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in | 5/26/2014
Hope you enjoyed the Memorial Day weekend! It has been a busy three-day weekend for me, full of fun stuff and great food. I got to spend a lot of time with my family and friends.

On Saturday, I dressed up like a real person and went out for lunch at a Taiwanese restaurant. This is actually a big deal because I usually live in yoga pants, running clothes, or PJs.


Sorry, I was too busy eating to take pictures of the actual food. For dessert, I got shaved ice. This stuff is the ultimate, refreshing dessert on a hot summer day. 


Although I had shaved ice for my lunch dessert, I got froyo for my after-dinner dessert. I can never have too much froyo, and after this purchase, I got a $5 reward on my card (spoiler alert: I already spent it).


On Sunday, my friend and I cycled to Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard for a wine tasting. Emphasis on tasting because cycling while buzzed just doesn't sound very fun. Or maybe it is if I didn't have to climb so many damn hills on the way home.


After a long day of riding, I needed to chill out so I watched Star Trek (2013) on Netflix with a box of chocolates. And no, this box was not full before I started the movie, and it is not empty after finishing the movie. There's still like... half of them left. I swear.


My cycling trip to taste wine at a local vineyard was such a success that I wanted to go again. I decided to pack a picnic and take my family to the vineyard on Memorial Day. They also had a sign that said Fresh Sangria so I had to go back to try it. It was delicious and the perfect refreshing drink for a picnic. Seriously, this stuff goes down as easily as juice.


For the picnic, I brought some goat cheese, a baguette, crackers...


Sandwiches, potato salad, lemonade, and watermelon.


I came back because I wanted to get a few bottles of wine, as well. Mission accomplished.


And of course I had to take a wine bottle selfie :P


After picnicking and hiking up a mountain, we went to get froyo for the second time this weekend. At least I got to use my rewards card.


And finally, I got pho for dinner.


What was the best thing you ate this weekend? Did you do anything special for Memorial Day?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter