Oct 15, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 10/15/2013
I am on my way to California and then Louisville, Kentucky! I have two dental school interviews on both Saturday and Monday, so I will be away for the entire weekend.

Even though my schedule is a bit hectic, I will try my best to squeeze in some time to train. There are fitness rooms in both hotels that I'm staying at, so I'm planning on logging some treadmill miles. I don't know when was the last time I ran on a treadmill. Maybe in sophomore year of college... There's also a pool, so I might take advantage of that and swim some laps. I packed all my workout gear. Now I just need to pack everything else. Priorities, right?

This past week, my running mileage is drastically reduced and I have been doing a lot of cross training. In fact, I only ran once. I think it's smart to ease off on the running, since I feel a few twinges in my left knee and tendinitis in my ankle that I've been dealing with for a while. Some time off of running will be good, so I'm not too worried that I won't be able to do a long run this weekend.

Here are the workouts I've done this week so far:

Sunday- 20 min recumbant bike machine, 1.1km swim
Monday- biked 3 mi warm up, hill repeats x3, 3 miles cool down
Tuesday- 6.2 mi tempo run
Wednesday- biked 20 mi
Thursday- Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

I'm glad I got in a quality run and bike ride in before I have to travel. Those hills on Monday followed by the tempo was killer. On Wednesday, I was just not feeling it. I was planning on a 30 mile ride, but had to cut it short.

Well, I am off to the West coast and then the Mid-West! I'll try to post updates during my travels.






Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter