Oct 4, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 10/04/2013
I started this morning with a 13.2 mile long run. I am stepping down from last week's 20-miler. My goal was to run the 13 miles at marathon pace and not feel tired at the end. Well, that plan didn't work out too well, but at least my energy levels were still okay at the end. I ended up averaging 8:24 min/mile, with my splits all over the place. I need to work on pacing better... Starting slowly and picking it up. I almost never run negative splits. I guess I'll aim to run even splits during the Marine Corps Marathon.

Oh, and I took a Jet Blackberry Gu at mile 8. My first time trying that flavor, and it's really good!

Yesterday, I had a great ride with a new cycling friend! I took her out to the countryside and on one of my favorite routes, totaling 24.4 miles. It was a beautiful day (a bit too hot for my taste, though) and it was just nice to have some company while riding for a change! I've gotten used to solo riding, so I'm usually fine with it, but it gets boring and lonely sometimes. That when the crazy comes out and I start talking to myself.


Isn't the country beautiful? I am so grateful that I live so close to such wonderful cycling roads. We were out around noon on a weekday, so there was hardly any traffic. Perfect :)


Man I could ride these roads all day.

Today, I am spending the day making a birthday cake and cooking a birthday dinner for my mom. I'll post the recipe for my cake soon! It's going to be a white cake filled with whipped chocolate ganache and raspberries, frosted with whipped cream frosting.



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter