Oct 15, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 10/15/2013
So I completely failed at blogging during my travels these past four days. Whoops. I could make an excuse that I didn't have time or was focused on preparing for my interviews. But you probably don't want to hear it. Here's what I've been up to these past few days.

Last Friday, I left from Baltimore to Ontario, California for an interview at a dental school. I arrived in Ontario around 5pm and went straight to my hotel next to the airport. I stayed at the Sheraton (right across from In and Out!), which was pretty nice since they had a free airport shuttle. I settled in my room, and then took the shuttle to an outlet mall to find somewhere to grab dinner. The rest of the night, I worked for 30 minutes in the hotel gym, prepared for my interview the next day and sleept early since I lost 3 hours flying from the east to west coast.

The view from my hotel window. Southern California is beautiful! I love the mountains.

On Saturday morning, I headed over to the school for the interview day. There were a lot of other interviewees, so I got to meet people from all over the country. It was pretty cool! There were presentations about the school, then I had my personal interview and then a campus tour. The school is really new and I had a pretty good impression of it.

Of course, I had to go to that In and Out before leaving Cali. This was eaten on my hotel bed and it was delicious :P

The next morning, I woke up early to catch a 6:45 flight to Louisville, Kentucky! I had an interview on Monday, so I had to fly to them back to back. I had a layover in Chicago, which was during the Chicago marathon! I wish I could have dropped by to spectate!

I could see downtown as we were descending into Chicago Midway Airport. 

I grabbed some lunch during my layover, as well as this delicious Red Mango froyo parfait. I was stuffed, but it was so worth it!

I finally arrived in Louisville around 3:30 and took a shuttle to my hotel. I stayed at the Hampton Inn downtown, which I would highly recommend! They have great service and a shuttle that can take you anywhere (within a certain radius). I took advantage of that because there is no metro system in Louisville and I didn't want to get lost taking the bus.

For dinner, I wanted to eat at a sit-down restaurant. I decided on a local restaurant, Dish on Market, recommended to me by the hotel staff. I got salmon with sweet potato fries. The salmon was pretty good, but the fries were kind of lukewarm.

On Monday morning, I took the shuttle to the dental school. I sat through some presentations about the school, took a tour, chatted with the students, had two one-on-one interviews, and had lunch with a dental student. It was a fun day, and I enjoyed it! I can really see myself here and the city seems like it would be a cool place to spend the next four years. 

After the interview, I had some time to take a walk around the city before heading to the airport. I walked to the riverside and it was really pretty. 

Look how perfect the weather was :)

I didn't have the time, but it would be nice to take a boat ride along the river.

Thought this building looked pretty cool: The Old Spaghetti Factory

I left Louisville Monday late afternoon, and got back home in the evening. My four day trip was nice a nice break from work to get out of town and visit two new places. It was relatively stressful, though, since I had two interviews! It definitely didn't feel like a vacation, but it was still pretty fun.


Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter