Oct 22, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 10/22/2013


I'm back home (for now)! I'll be taking a trip to Salt Lake City this Thursday and Friday, so I have two days at home. My short trip to Portland, Maine and back was pretty uneventful. I flew into Portland around 5:30pm and got to my hotel around 6. My hotel was actually right near the airport, so I didn't even get to see downtown Portland. Fail :(

I just went out to Sebago Brewing Co. for dinner and came back to my hotel room and watched Big Bang Theory for the rest of the night. The next morning, I took a taxi to the dental school at University of New England. I learned about the school, did my interview, and took a tour, then headed straight to the airport right afterwards. 

Unfortunately, I didn't plan this trip out very well. I figured I would just fly in, interview, and fly out, but I wish I could have seen more of the surrounding area. Maybe I'll get to see more of New England if I end up going to dental school here :) It does seem like a really nice place, especially for running and cycling. The food scene is also great, I hear, which is perfect for me!

Now I'm back home, I'm going to plan my Salt Lake City trip a bit better. I have a bit more time to see the city, and maybe go somewhere to have a nice dinner.

This morning, I decided to take it easy and just go for a walk. I also decided that I wanted to go shopping, so I went to the farm stand to pick up some pumpkins and squash. Aren't they cute? The one on the right is a Fairytale squash, and it's supposed to be really tasty. I'm going to carve the big ol' orange one.
















And since I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin right now, when I saw this at Whole Foods, I had to get it. It was on clearance, too, since the store is getting a new look. Delicious with a splash of vanilla almond milk :P



I also felt like going clothes shopping, so I headed to Nordstrom Rack. I ended up getting a Hinge sweater, a pair of blue Michael Kors skinny jeans, and a striped, red cardigan with a hood.

Haha, that was quite a splurge. Time to head back to work...



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter