Aug 11, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/11/2013
This week, I decided to cross train more since my knees were feeling a little wonky after that hilly half marathon last Sunday. I did my first trail run on Monday evening with my running club, and I loved it! We did a 6 mile mixed surface run that included a loop around a small lake. The pace was a bit aggressive, but manageable, and we really picked it up near the end. I kept my eyes fixed 3 feet ahead of me basically the whole way, because I was terrified of falling and making a fool of myself.

Since Monday's trail run was a success, I wanted to go on the longer trail run on Sunday. I met up with a group of seven other people, and we did 12 miles on the trail in 2.5 hours. It's so different running on trails than on roads. I thought our pace wasn't too slow, until someone with a Garmin announced that we were going at about a 12 min/mile pace. What!!! Haha, since trails are more challenging, 12 miles is equivalent to 15 miles on the road, amIright?! I really enjoyed the run, though, and I want to do more trail running now. It's a lot easier on the knees :)

8/4 Sunday- 13.1mi run

8/5 Monday- 6mi trail run

8/6 Tuesday- P90X2 yoga

8/7 Wednesday- 22mi bike

8/8 Thursday- 25mi bike

8/9 Friday- 8.8mi run

8/10 Saturday- 20mi bike (hard)

Totals:

Ran- 27.9mi
Biked- 67mi



Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter