Apr 22, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , | 4/22/2014
Time for another Weekly Chase post, where I share my fitness goals every week and recap my previous goals. Last week, my weekly goals post was MIA because I was off on my Disney vacation. My only goal was to have fun (and not get sunburnt).

Road Runner Girl



This week, I am back to real life after spending a week in fantasy land. I always joke that everything at Disney World is fake. Let's recap on my goals I had set two weeks prior:

1. Go to yoga three times- I went to three yoga classes and practiced yoga at home on Monday

2. Do a shakeout run and bike- I did two workouts, a transition practice and a short 2.3 mile run during the week before my race

3. Have a great first duathlon!- definitely nailed this one, winning my age group and coming in 4th woman. You can read my race recap here.

4. Get packed and prepare for Disney World- I didn't forget anything, and we had a great time, so this was a success!

This week's goals:

1. Prepare for my charity yard sale/bake sale- I am having a yard sale during our community yard sale event to fundraise for my cross-country bike ride this summer. I need to collect stuff from all over the house to sell, make signs, and make a lot of cookies. All the proceeds will go towards benefiting young adults with cancer. I still need to raise over $2000 before the start of my ride on June 1.

2. Do two quality runs- I have a 10K this Sunday and I am hoping for a PR! I am planning on doing at least one tempo run, and maybe some kind of higher intensity run this week. I don't want to run too hard, since my legs need to be fresh on race day.

3. PR in the 10K- I've been working hard to develop my speed this season. I am confident and prepared to do my best this Sunday. I have a number in mind, but if I don't make it this time, at least I know that I gave it my all.

4. Go to yoga class three times- still have this goal because I want to be consistent in my yoga practice. I really enjoy the 60-90 minutes of relaxation, meditation, and focus on my breathing. It is always so rejuvenating after a session.


If you went to a yard sale, would you buy homemade baked goods? 

What about drinks, and what kind would you prefer (lemonade, milk, hot cocoa, etc)?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter