Apr 8, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in | 4/08/2014
Time for another Weekly Chase! 

Road Runner Girl

Here's how I did with last week's goals:

1. Practice transitioning from run to bike and bike to run- errr, well I did both a bike/run and run/bike brick this week, but the transitions weren't stellar. I didn't lay out my stuff like I would in a race.

2. Run some intervals- Other than the bricks, I didn't do a run work out this week. As you can see from my mileage totals for the week, I mostly cycled. 

3. Go to the yoga studio at least three times- Nailed this one. I went on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.

4. Get together with friends- Definitely nailed this one! On Saturday, I got to hang out with my cycling people, then headed into DC to meet up with a bunch of old college friends. We ate great food, enjoyed some fireworks, and chatted late into the night over some great beer at Blue Jacket.

My goals for this week are:

1. Go to yoga three times- Since I am tapering for my duathlon, I'll be running and cycling less, and going to yoga instead. I've really been enjoying the power vinyasa classes since they are faster paced. I can work up a sweat and feel like I got a great workout without fatiguing my muscles.

2. Do a shakeout run and bike- Just to stay in the rhythm and build confidence. And so I don't go crazy without running or biking for a week!

3. Have a great first duathlon! Definitely my priority. I must admit that I am pretty darn nervous about the whole multisport thing. So much to think about: pacing, transitioning, rules, setting up my gear, etc. So complicated and I have ZERO experience. I also really want to place in my age group. I think it is a possibility, and I just need to stay positive and keep my cool. I GOT THIS.

4. Get packed and prepare for Disney World- I am going with my aunt and younger cousins, and I am mainly the one planning the trip. Gotta get the itinerary in order, book our FastPasses, and maybe make dining reservations.


Have you been to Disney World and what you recommend as a MUST DO?

For you multi-sporters, any last minute tips?!


Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter