Apr 13, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in | 4/13/2014
This week, I toned down my workouts in preparation for my race on Saturday, my first duathlon. I did a lot of yoga, practiced transitions, and did a couple of easy bikes and runs. I was supposed to take it easy on Friday and just go to yoga, but I wanted to go hiking with my aunt! We ran a couple miles at an easy pace, but hiked most of the route.

My race on Saturday was great! I will try to post my race recap later today, so stay tuned. Let's just say I did better than I expected :) After the race, my family and I went to DC to see the cherry blossoms, so I ended up walking around all day. My legs felt okay, but at the end of the day, I was exhausted!



Sunday morning, the weather was beautiful and I couldn't pass it up; I wanted to be out there on my bike! I had the full intention of going for an easy recovery ride, but my legs just wanted to go hard. They were feeling a bit fatigued from the day before, but I still managed to feel strong throughout the ride. Thanks, legs, for being awesome.


On Monday, I will be heading to Disney World for a week-long vacation. I will try to get some runs in, but I don't expect to get much training done. I'm so excited to run around in the Disney resorts, though!

Monday- 25 minutes yoga

Tuesday- Cycling 5 miles
                 75 minutes vinyasa yoga

Wednesday- 60 minutes hot vinyasa yoga
                      Transition practice, cycling 5 miles, running 1 mile

Thursday- running 2.3 mi, avg 7:22 pace + 2 mi walk

Friday- 60 minutes vinyasa yoga
             5.5 mile hike/trail run (easy pace)

Saturday- Sprint duathlon! 5 miles running, 10 miles bike

Sunday- Cycling 20.5 mi, avg 18.1 mph

Totals

Cycling- 40.5 mi
Running- 8.3 mi

Do you work out during vacation?
Did you race this weekend? How did it go?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter