Apr 20, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , | 4/20/2014
Saturday was the fifth and final day of my Disney World Vacation. You can read about my days at each of the theme parks:

Magical Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios

I had a wonderful time at each of the parks, but it is really tiring to walk around the parks all day. Who knew having so much fun could be so exhausting? The last day was spent at a slower pace, and we took our time in the morning to sleep in (relatively) and eat breakfast. Of course, I wanted to go for a run, since it was the last day I could run around with this kind of a view:


For breakfast, I got mini Mickey waffles that came with applesauce and strawberry topping. It was actually a kid's meal, since I wasn't feeling very hungry.


We bought the "Water Parks Fun & More" option, which included admission to all the water parks, DisneyQuest (an indoor theme park), the ESPN complex, and mini golf. This deal is worth it if you go to at least two of the minor theme parks in Disney World. We decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon for half the day.


The water park had a large wave pool in the middle, surrounded by "beaches". It was so nice to lie down in the chairs and soak up the sun. Gotta get my beach tan on.

I swam around the wave pool, swam with some fish and sharks, chilled in the lazy river, and went down a couple of water slides. A couple of hours playing in the water was enough for me, and I just wanted to relax on the "beach" with a cocktail in hand for the rest of the time ;)


Got a chicken wrap, chips, and a beer for lunch. What the hell, I gave up trying to eat healthy at Disney World. It was my last day of vacation.


We headed to Downtown Disney for the rest of the afternoon and evening. We should have went earlier, since there was so much to do! I've been to Downtown Disney in the California Disneyland, but this one was about three times bigger. So many restaurants, shops, and entertainment centers. I could spend a whole day there.


I got one of the famous Disney character caramel apples. I chose Minnie Mouse, and shared it with the family when we got home. Way to make something healthy unhealthy, Disney! It was delicious.


We didn't go to Planet Hollywood for dinner. I just took this picture because I thought it looked cool.

I highly recommend making reservations for any of the restaurants in Downtown Disney. It gets so crowded and I imagine the wait times are ridiculous. I made reservations to Paradiso 37 for dinner. It was "Americas" themed, and the flavors were more Latin/South American. There was steak, burgers, burritos, and tacos among many other options on the menu. 


We started with a trio of dips and chips: guacamole, queso, and chili. I ordered a sampler platter for my entree, which included chicken flautas, skirt steak with chimichurri, chorizo, and cilantro beans and rice. Everything was delicious, but I think the steak was my favorite. So flavorful and juicy.



Dessert was a flan, and even though I was really full, I managed to eat most of it :P


Today, we left Disney World and came back to real life. Time to get back to my normal routine. Boo.

Do you go all out when you're on vacation, or do you exercise moderation?

I tend to do the former, as you can see...


0c75c5540fa015c36e67458b03756182bc5f4708bd2dae07ea

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter