Aug 7, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/07/2013
"I'd rather have boring plain toast instead of French toast," said nobody, ever.

I love French toast. There's just something magical that happens when you dip a piece of bread in an eggy-cinnamon-y batter and pan-fry it until the edges get all crispy. And top it with a little drizzle of syrup for sweetness. It's a special breakfast for me and making it is a ritual reserved for the weekends. I usually make a batch of French toast before my long runs or rides, since it's a more filling breakfast, with the added protein from the egg, to sustain me for a longer workout. And eating French toast just motivates me to get up early in the morning and run. On Sunday long runs, this girl is powered by French toast :)


What's your special weekend breakfast?

Here's my recipe, so that you, too, can run those extra miles powered by French toast.

You will need:
2-3 slices of bread (I use whole wheat homemade bread)
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
A dash of salt
A dusting of cinnamon 
A splash of vanilla extract

Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Add milk, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture, flipping it over to get both sides soaked. I like to flip it a few times to make sure it has absorbed as much egg as possible. Fry in a lightly oiled pan, until golden brown on each side. Repeat with the rest of the bread until the egg mixture is gone. 


Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter