Aug 8, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/08/2013


Mizuno EVO Cursoris

This is a great zero-drop shoe for someone looking for a more minimalist ride. I love how lightweight they feel, yet they still provide some cushioning. I am a neutral runner with a mid-foot strike, so these are perfect for me. I got these about a month ago and wear them on my longer runs, since they have more cushioning relative to my Merrells.



Merrell Road Glove Dash 2

This is my other pair of running shoes. They are also zero-drop and the soles are a lot thinner. They are even more lightweight than my Mizunos and I wear them on my shorter runs. As you can see, I am a fan of minimalist footwear and avoid the heavier, more cushioned running shoes.


Belkin Arm Band + iPhone

I used to use a Griffin armband, but it didn't fit on my arm and kept sliding down. The Belkin armband is also a bit large, but I can tighten it enough to stay put. I use my iPhone for music (Pandora) and keep track of my runs with GPS apps.

Amphipod RunLite 4

This is the only hydration belt I have, and it's all I really need. I decided to get the 4 bottle belt since I can always remove a bottle or two as needed. It took a little time to get used to it, but once I figured out how to position the bottles, it's pretty comfortable and doesn't bother me at all.

iPhone apps:

RoadID- great for staying safe when running alone
MapMyRide- keeps track of my mileage and split times, though it usually over-estimates the distance. I use this for both running and biking (gives average speed)


Strava- pretty darn fun to compete with other users


Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter