Aug 28, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/28/2013
I have to admit, I am terrible at doing things in moderation. When it feel like it, I eat a lot, drink a lot, and umm...party a lot. Similarly, when I am training for races, I train a lot. This may be a good thing, since I usually don't have problem with motivation. If I could, I would be out there running and biking every single day.

But I am not a running goddess, and my mortal self has its limits. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I need to take rest days. Lately, I've been resting on Mondays, which means I am walking at my usual working-out time. I like routine and wake up around 5:45 and am out the door by 6:45. I want to do something every day, even on my rest days. Being outside makes me happy, so why not do it every day?

Even though I rested on Monday, my legs felt a bit fatigued on my Tuesday bike ride. Probably because I ran a total of 22.1 miles and biked 33 miles from Friday to Sunday. I should ease off on the mileage this week, and focus on recovering.

But like I said, I'm not too good at moderation. Today I did an Insanity workout and ran a 2 mile cool down. Not exactly restful. Oh well, I will probably do some easy running for the next few days.

How do you recover from a hard week of training? How often do you take rest days and what do you do?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter