Aug 31, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/31/2013
On Monday, I finally made the decision to buy a GPS watch of my own, and ordered the Garmin 310XT from REI.com (it was on sale!). I also ordered a bike mount from Amazon, since it was out of stock at REI. They both arrived yesterday, which was perfect timing! I was so excited, and I used it for the first time this morning. I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase!


I went on a 34 mile solo bike ride this morning through the hilly countryside. I didn't set the watch to display my speed, so I tried to change the settings while riding. Not the best idea, but I finally got it to display my instantaneous speed after struggling for a while. 

The 34 miles were pretty hard, and I felt drained going uphill. I think I was dehydrated, because after drinking most of the water from my CamelBak, I started feeling a little better. Still, after 2 hours of riding, I feel pretty beat.


I was a bit surprised that I was so tired today, since I loaded up on carbs last night. My brother and I went to Buca di Beppo for dinner, and we ate a lot! I ordered a white sangria, which tasted like pineapple juice. 


We started with a "small" 1893 salad. I ordered this the last time I went to Buca di Beppo. There were four people that time, and finished this huge salad.  My brother and I finished the whole thing last night, too. Like I said, we eat a lot. Seriously, this could be an entree salad for two people.


And then, dun dun dun.... the spaghetti and meatballs! There were two half pound meat balls, and we each had one. They were the size of my fist!



My portion.

And yes, we demolished the bowl of pasta, as well. And then went to Whole Foods to get dessert at the bakery section. I got a red velvet cupcake and my brother got a mini blueberry cheesecake. 

Gluttony runs in the family.

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter