Aug 23, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 8/23/2013
After using my brother's Garmin Forerunner for my last few runs, I am looking into buying one for myself. Maybe once I get my first paycheck, haha.

This is what I am using right now. I can't keep stealing my brother's Garmin forever, though!

I am looking for a GPS watch that I can also use as a bike computer. I'll be needing one when I ride the my first century ride on September 22nd.

What I am looking for in a GPS watch:
  • affordable for a poor recent college grad (I'm willing to shell out around $200 though)
  • reliable 
  • multi-sport function
    • can be mounted on a bike
  • Easy to read
  • Displays pace, distance, time, splits, etc. (the usual stuff)
I don't really need a heart rate monitor function. I've never used one, and I don't really care to know my heart rate at any given moment... I also don't mind too much if it's bulky, as long as it's not actually like a computer on my wrist. I have pretty skinny wrists, so I don't want a jumbo watch that'll look ridiculous. I think the Garmin Forerunner 305 is a pretty good size.

I am considering getting the Garmin 310XT, since it seems like a good watch for triathletes. Since I am looking into triathlons in the near future, it might be a worthy investment. 


Has anyone used the Garmin 310XT? What do you think?

Are there any other great GPS watches out there that I should consider?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter