Sep 26, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 9/26/2013
My goal for this fall is to complete my first full marathon. I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish after that. A spring marathon? PR in another distance? Or even try a triathlon? I've been thinking about triathlons lately...

Reflecting on this past year, I have gone from a non-runner to an endurance athlete. My "runniversary" is coming up next month, October 21st, the day of my first race, my first half marathon. That was the day that I'll never forget, when I reached my goal of finishing the once-intimidating distance. This past year was the year of working towards my personal goals and self-betterment. I would say that I have been quite successful.

So onto the next year.

I have put so much effort into training for endurance running and cycling events, solely for myself. Now, I want to use my sports to do something beyond myself. I want to give back to my community. And the best way I know how is to pour my passion for my sports into my passion for serving others.

I have decided to dedicate this year towards supporting the cancer community and joining their fight against the life-changing disease through the 4K for Cancer. The 4K for Cancer is a cross-country ride across America, but it's so much more than that.  Along the way, the riders serve the cancer community, share their stories, and give them hope and inspiration.


To learn more about why I am doing this, check out my profile page HERE.

I will be sharing more about my journey, so stay tuned!

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter