Sep 18, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 9/18/2013
This week is in between two endurance events, the Philly Rock N Roll half marathon last weekend, and the Back Roads Century Ride this Sunday. Obviously, this week is not the week to pick up the intensity for marathon training. I need to recover smartly from my half marathon, and prepare myself for the 100 mile bike ride.

So far, I've been taking it relatively easy:

Monday- rest (2.5 mile walk)
Tuesday- Insanity Core Cardio and Balance
Wednesday- Insanity Power and Resistance

My bike is in the shop to get a tune-up before the century. I plan to go for a spin either Thursday or Friday. On Saturday, I'll take another rest day and load up on the carbs ;)




I am SO pumped for my first century ride! Maybe a little nervous, since my longest ride to date is only 40 miles. I'm definitely going to take it easy and enjoy the day. This is NOT a race, but a leisurely tour. I signed up for a group ride, so I'll be able to meet some people and ride with them. I decided to go with the B class group, which averages 14-16 MPH.


100 miles of the beautiful countryside of Virginia and West Virginia!

Almost forgot: I got a GoPro Hero3 White Edition video camera. I got a helmet mount and will be using it to take photos and video of the ride.


Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter