Sep 17, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 9/17/2013
Here are some pictures from my weekend trip to Philly for the Rock N Roll Philly Half Marathon.


We spent Saturday afternoon just walking around the city and seeing the sights.


The Comcast Center is a really cool building. I liked how reflective it is, like it's almost blending into the sky.




Inside the lobby, there is this large screen that played some larger-than-life videos. It was pretty neat.


We visited Rittenhouse Square, there a lot of people were just chilling in the park, listening to a cello player. There were also a few wedding parties taking photographs.

The city is full of murals, like this one.



I visited South Street (which is pretty quirky in a good way), and came upon this art gallery. There was a courtyard covered in pieces of glass bottles, tiles, wires, bike rims, etc. 

And of course, I had to go to Reading Terminal twice. Once on Saturday for lunch, and again on Sunday for a post-race meal. 



Choices, choices. So hard to make when there are so many yummy things to choose from. You really can't go wrong here. Everything is delicious.

We settled on DiNic's, since I heard the roast port sandwich was a must try. You really must try it. 

I went for the roast pork with broccoli rabe. No cheese, though I think it would've been a good addition. 

This thing is beautiful. LOOK AT IT. The pork was very juicy and tender. I shared it with my brother, since we wanted to save room to try different things.

 Some more shots of the food stalls.

My brother has an obsession with cheese steaks, so we got another one from Carmen's with American cheese. IMO, it was too salty for my taste.



The cooks in action.

I had to bring something home, so I got a pumpkin chai whoopie pie at Flying Monkey Bakery. I devoured it yesterday, and it was quite delicious! The cake was dense and a tad dry, though. Maybe because I ate it straight out of the fridge. 

This CAKE. I wanted to try it :( But $8 a slice... 


As consolation, I ended the day with a scoop of ice cream from Basset's. I got the WHYY Experience: vanilla ice cream, butterscotch swirl, and chocolate covered pretzels. Really really delicious!




Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter