Sep 10, 2013

Posted by Jo W. 9/10/2013
Today, I was baking stuff for my Foodie Pen Pal. Since it's fall and fall means pumpkin season, I decided to make it pumpkin themed (duh). I was a baking maniac, and couldn't decide on one thing to make, so I ended up making three different kinds of pumpkin-flavored treats!

I am going to eventually share all the recipes, but for today, I'll just share my pumpkin muffin recipe because I didn't include that in my pen pal's package. I don't want to ruin the surprise!





Pumpkin Spice Muffins

wet ingredients
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 oil
1 egg
1/3 cup agave nectar (or another sweetener)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla

dry ingredients
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375F.
Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl, and add to the wet ingredients. Mix just until the batter comes together. Do not over-mix.
Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners, and fill about 3/4 full. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Enjoy with a pumpkin spice latte on a cool autumn morning. Or just standing over the plate in the kitchen ;)

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter