Mar 16, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , | 3/16/2014
On Saturday morning, I woke up at 6 am to start baking for my 4K for Cancer bake sale. I wasn't finished until about 9:30, and I ended up baking over 200 cookies! Let's just hope I can sell them all. My butter stick count: 8. Thank god for Costco

After baking and packaging everything, I went out to take my new road bike out for a spin. This is the bike that I will be biking across the country with! I got some nice Look road pedals and road biking shoes, but I will be using my old MTB shoes/pedals for the actual trip. They are more versatile and I can walk more in the shoes, as well as bike with sneakers. 


I met up with my cycling/ running buddy and we went for a short 4 mi trail run around a lake at a local state park. The weather was a perfect 63 degrees, and the run around the lake was scenic and very enjoyable. We went at a relaxed pace and chatted. Every time I go trail running, I tell myself that I should do it more!

After my trail run, we went to a creperie for brunch. I got the "King Samm", which was filled with nutella, bananas, almond powder, and coconut. Yummy. We ended up chatting for a long time, and it wasn't until 3 that I left and went to Whole Foods to pick up some groceries. I also needed to go home to shower and get ready to meet up with some old college friends for dinner.


Before I went out to dinner, I went to TJ Maxx and came across this shirt! I was debating whether to get it, but put it back on the rack. When I decided that I wanted it, I went back to find it and it was gone! I'm kicking myself for putting it back on the rack. Now I want to find something similar online.


I also found this dress that I liked as soon as I saw it. I looked at the price tag, and saw that it was $100, even though it was on clearance. I still wanted to try it on.


I liked it even better after I tried it. And ended up buying it :) Worth it!

Flexing dem muscles. Not...

For dinner, We went to a Peruvian place that I've never been to. We ordered ceviche and grilled beef heart for appetizers. For my entree, I got a seafood stew with calamari, mussels, clams, fish, and scallops. The broth had a great seafood flavor and I wanted to bathe in it.

                        
The meal was delicious, and I am definitely coming back!

How was your Saturday? 



Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter