Mar 25, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in | 3/25/2014
This morning, I woke up to gloomy skies, and just as I was finishing my coffee, it started to snow. I wanted to run a couple miles outside before hopping on the bike trainer, but I wimped out and just did my bike workout. I went 40 minutes total, about 25 minutes tempo effort. After the bike, I did some strength exercises with Powerblocks. My arms and core felt pretty fatigued afterwards!

I changed out of my sweaty clothes into yoga clothes and headed off to a vinyasa yoga class. Today's class was fast paced and we did a lot of chaturangas and core work. It was tough after this morning's workout, since my muscles were already feeling a bit fatigued. I worked up a sweat (again), but it felt pretty good after the 75 minute class. 

Road Runner Girl

I'm going to start sharing my weekly goals on Tuesdays with the Weekly Chase, hosted by Road Runner Girl and Molly.

Goals for this week:

1) Practice yoga everyday- after joining a yoga class last week, I am really loving it and want to incorporate a bit of yoga every day. I am trying to go to the yoga studio at least 3 times a week, and the days I don't go, I'll practice at home.

2) Do a few brick workouts (run/bike and bike/run) to get some experience with transitioning for my duathlon in less than two weeks!!! I was planning on doing this a couple weeks ago, but that just didn't happen.

3) Have fun at my first race of the season- I have a 10K this Sunday, and my primary goal is to enjoy it. It's a low key race to celebrate my running club's "birthday", so it'll be a fun affair with brunch and cake afterwards. Maybe I'll PR just to get to the cake faster ;)

4) Log some miles cycling on my new bike- need to start breaking in my new bike before my cross-country bike trip this summer. So far, I've only ridden it about 10 miles. Let's hope this snow melts really fast so I can get out and ride!

What are you focusing on this week?

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter