Mar 5, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , | 3/05/2014
Happy Hump Day!

It is only Wednesday, but I'm already looking forward to the weekend. Why? First of all, it's going to be in the 50's on Saturday, so I am hoping the warm weather will put a dent in melting the snow. I just want spring to be here so I don't have to jump over piles of snow, slip on patches of ice, and be stuck indoors on my bike trainer!

I am also looking forward to picking up the road bike that I will be riding across the country this summer! I will be riding with 4K for Cancer from Baltimore to Portland, OR over 70 days this summer to raise awareness for young adults with cancer. All of us will be riding the same bike, and this year's bike for the ladies is the Scott Contessa Speedster 35.
It's an alloy frame with a carbon/alloy fork and Shimano Sora components. I can't wait to pick it up and start training on it! It's important that I break it in, make sure it fits, and work out any kinks before hitting the long road to the west coast. Now only if all the snow on the shoulders will melt and the temperatures stay around 60 degrees, and I'll be set ;)

I still need to fundraise quite a bit from now until the start of the ride on June 1st. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to help me on my cross country ride and to support young adults with cancer! 

Another thing I'm looking forward to is a Sunday 5K Fun Run at my local Whole Foods! The event will benefit the Whole Planet Foundation and the registration is a $10-20 donation. Plus, there will be refreshments! The fastest time will win a $50 gift card, and since I love shopping at Whole Foods, I will chase down that gift card like a bat out of hell (who am I kidding, I am slow). I've never ran a 5K before, so this will be interesting. I am mainly doing it for the fun and food ;)


And speaking of food, I am planning on getting lunch at La Tagliatella on Saturday. They have a "30 Days of Delizioso" for the month of March, and every week, they have a great deal. This week, everything on their lunch menu is only $5, so I want to take advantage of that! I've only eaten there once, and I thought the food was pretty decent, if not a bit overpriced.


Why can't the weekend be here, already?!

Do you have any fun plans for this weekend yet?


Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter