Mar 18, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in , | 3/18/2014
I have been eating out every day for the past few days. On Friday, I went out for pizza. Saturday, I went to a creperie and a Peruvian restaurant. Sunday, I went out for dinner to celebrate a birthday, and yesterday, I splurged on an Indian lunch buffet. And today, I grabbed lunch at the salad bar at Dawson's Market. 

I try to eat healthily most of the time, but weekends is when I tend to over-indulge. Lunch buffets are my weakness, and I always leave feeling too full. Last week, I went to a sushi buffet and an Indian buffet. I am a glutton and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

But seriously, I need to pay more attention to what I'm eating. As much as I dislike the term "clean eating", I am going to try to eat more greens, less sugar and fried foods. After a hard work out, I tend to feel endlessly hungry, and I grab whatever is convenient and yummy. Such as apple pie, cookies, bread, muffins, froyo. I don't make the smartest food choices :P 

But I'm not a dumb person and I can change my gluttonous ways! Case in point, I made a superfood and protein-packed green smoothie for my post-workout snack today. I added some Amazing Grass Green Superfood to my smoothie, which has wheatgrass, alfalfa, broccoli, probiotics, cocoa, acai, and a bunch of other healthy-sounding stuff. It's chock-full of antioxidants, which is important for recovery after a hard workout. I also added some fresh spinach and Greek yogurt for protein. It tasted sweet from the banana, which helped mask that green taste. 

I call it the Super Hulk Smoothie because it has superfoods, it's green, and it has protein so you can bulk up like the Hulk ;) 


Super Hulk Smoothie

1 banana
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2/3 cup milk (dairy, almond, soy, etc )
Handful of spinach
1 scoop Amazing Grass Green Superfood
1 cup ice 

Add the banana, yogurt, milk, and spinach in a blender. Blend until very smooth and add the super foods powder and blend again. Add the ice and blend on the highest speed until there are no more ice chunks. 

Enjoy a refreshing and super healthy smoothie!

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter