Mar 24, 2014

Posted by Jo W. in | 3/24/2014
This weekend has been filled with food, cycling, running, and yoga. On Friday, I started the day with a healthful bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a salad and smoothie for lunch.





Then things got crazy and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch basketball with from friends. Got a Berger Cookie Chocolate Stout, a few wings, and a melty, cheesy dip with a huge basket of chips. The beer was delicious (brewed with Berger cookies!), and wings were okay, and the chips and dip were meh. The chip to dip ratio was pretty terrible; way to many chips for such a small amount of dip. I'm also not a huge fan of wings. Oh well, I usually go to BWW just for a beer anyways.


On Saturday, after my bike club ride, I went to a triathlon expo with my friend to hear Merinda Carfrae give a talk. By the time we were done, it was past 2pm and I was past the point of hunger. I was ravenous. My friend and I decided to get pho, and since I was so hungry, we got stuffed grape leaves for an appetizer and I got a large taro bubble tea. And devoured it all so fast that I forgot to take a photo.

On Sunday, I woke up early to get an interval workout in before heading out to a local park to watch a friend race. This was the first cycling race I've spectated, and it was really interesting to watch. The course was a little over a mile long, and the finish was up a really long hill. I watched the Cat 5 men's race, and situated myself right next to the finish line on the top of the hill. The men did 7 loops, for a total of about 10 miles.


 It was a sufferfest on that hill! Quite a few riders dropped off from the peloton after the first couple of laps. 


My friend looked really strong and was in the top 10 in the final few laps. He said he made a few mistakes on that final surge up the hill to the finish, and lost a few places. 




 
Number 1 crossing the finish line (above) and number 2 (below). What a tough finish!




 Bike racing looks so exciting, and it is something that I want to try some day. 

Watching all those cyclists hammering out there made me hungry, so for dinner, I went out to an Italian restaurant to use a Groupon. I totally ate a lot, including a few slices of bread from the bread basket, fried calamari, a Caesar salad, and most of my shrimp-covered linguini. Best way to end a fun-filled weekend ;)



What was the best meal that you had this weekend? 

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter